- The sidewalk is a mountain of garbage, besides the sewage?
- The traffic noise is unbearable, it’s death by exhaust fumes?
- The room is filthy, there is no running water?
- People don’t leave you alone and sell for tourist prices?
What has annoyed me earlier, is now well below my threshold of tolerance.
I have been to India!
Translated for India virgins:
I have experienced the shitty misery
When I think, nothing can shock me anymore, then a Hindu mobile drives by noisily. In the front sits the guru and in the back stands a “particularly” sacred cow on 2 front legs and 4 hind legs. Both udders dangle through the turn.
When I think, even India has become part of everyday life, then my path in the narrow lanes of Varanasi is blocked by a cow. When squeezing by, it turns out that she’s also afraid of me. She pisses on my shoe, with great pressure.
He has not lost his composure. He embraced me from human to human, because I have refused him a handshake earlier. After all, he has a right to my hand shake, to my opinion, to my time. He knows no privacy, no silence, no No.
I am the foreigner, and my attention belongs to the 1.2 billion Indians!
You broke my heart.
My anticipation for you was very high, despite all the stories. But you had other plans. After a few days I only wanted to get away from you. Was it my fault?
The 4 friends of India, who recommended me to visit, were supposed to help me by email from Germany:
- gives me a list of ashrams for meditation
- had booked a beach holiday in the hotel
- tells me where I get hash
- is a vegetarian
India, my India!
Are you only suitable for the spiritual, the beach vacationers, the potheads and the granivores?
- I wanted to have challenging experiences?
- I wanted to get out of my comfort zone?
- I wanted to see the world in its entirety?
On the subcontinent the world rears its ugly head.
The ugliness of human nature is always in the spotlight, too:
- shoving, yelling, pissing, shitting
- superstition, illiteracy, lack of motivation, poverty
That’s what I wanted to see. Or isn’t it, perhaps?
In Asia’s largest slum, in Mumbai, I ask an Indian for directions to the slum. How do I know, that I am already right in the middle of the Dharavi slum? This shit hole is no different than the other shit holes, I have passed through for 2 months.
The whole damn country is a shit hole, with very few exceptions.
- 5% signal, 95% noise
Even on a *blink blink* advertising page, you sometimes find a sparkling gold piece, rarely even a brilliant diamond. But the search is no fun. And trying to understand India is even less fun.
It’s endlessly hopeless!
Everyone experiences India differently.
India is a gigantic mirror
One thing is certain:
You have to experience India!
- India is annoying
- Kiosk business idea – India is annoying
- Queuing – India is annoying
- On the street – India is annoying
- Cows are sacred in India – applied religion
- Indian Bollywood Pop Song
- At the Beach in India
- Darjeeling Singalila Trek
- Designer cafe with cheesecake in India
- Women sarees in Nepal, India and Bangladesh
- India tour pictures
- India tour pictures #2
- India tour #2 Pictures