China, what to do?
China covers almost the same area as the whole of Europe. Chinese cantons are as diverse as European countries.
Wanting to see Europe in 7 weeks is crazy. Wanting to see China in 7 weeks just as well!
3 ways onward trip to Nepal
- Adventurous Karakoram Highway through Pakistan
- Fucking expensive tour through Tibet (60+ EUR/day)
- Boring flight to Nepal
2 ways China
- Direct onward journey
- Three weeks of Southwestern China with a visarun to Hong Kong / Vietnam, then onward journey
This adds up to
3 x 2 = 6 combinations
- I would like to avoid planes, if possible.
- Nepal is bleak in the monsoon season prior to October.
- Pakistan or Tibet are easier with 2 travellers.
- I’d estimate Greg’s desire to travel on in 3 weeks close to 80%.